Thursday, November 6, 2008

Turkey Craft Roundup--you're invited!

Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away. So I've got turkeys on my mind. I love turkeys. Turkey dinner, turkey art, turkey themes.  My tastes are wide-ranging, from simple hand-turkeys to Monets Les Dindons.

This year I'm starting a little flickr group called "Turkey Craft Roundup." I'd love it if you'd join! All you have to do is let the turkey-crafting mood strike you, take a picture of what you've made, and upload it to the turkey craft roundup group on flickr. Blog about your turkey, and use the Mr. Linky on this post to share what you've done.

Here are a few of the things I've made for past Thanksgivings:

Turkey placemats for the girls and for Ada's baby.  The feathers on these are actually pockets that hold a fork, knife, spoon, napkin, and a Thanksgiving note.  The girls really love eating off of these.





Turkey pom-poms, a la Martha Stewart.  Mine are a little cockeyed, but I think that's part of their turkey charm.





Hand turkey shrinky dinks, which I made into charms for the grandparents. This was a big hit.



Next up:
A skirt inspired by turkeys. Here are the fabrics I'm using.  



This project is more abstractly turkey, but I'm really loving the colors and the idea of "feathers." One night of insomnia, and this baby should be done...


What turkeys are you making?





DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

3 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Can I just sit on the sidelines and enjoy the show? No turkey making at my house. But,I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

I'm crocheting lots of turkeys for my friends and family. You can find the pattern on my blog, http://blog.sewhooked.org

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.