Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hearts in the snow

On my way downstairs yesterday morning, I caught a glimpse of something unusual in the driveway.



I have love and hearts on my mind lately, and not just because of the upcoming Valentine's Day. I love how our minds manifest things--perception is everything. Yesterday the world offered me hearts entwined, and I accepted them!

On this day, I give you a poem of connection--like these hearts, like my love and I, like the world and all of us...



You Are Me

You are me and I am you. 
It is obvious that we are inter-are. 
You cultivate the flower in 
yourself so that I will be beautiful. 
I transform the garbage in myself so 
that you do not have to suffer. 
I support you you support me. 
I am here to bring you peace 
you are here to bring me joy.

- Thich Naht Hahn


DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hearts are wonderful! I wish we had snow, but we don't yet...... The poem was very touching as well :)

La Belette Rouge said...

I love to hear Thich Naht Hahn speak. I have one of his Plum Village Meditations and when I get really stressed and overwhelmed I hear his voice in my head,"I am breathing in. I know that I am breathing in.I am breathing out. I know I am breathing out."

That is a really beautiful poem. I am so struck by how when we change it impacts those around us( in both good and bad ways).

angela said...

Hi Kir,

Lovely poem!~And I think those hearts are sooo cool! If you set out to make them, it would likely not happen but by serendipity they are truly amazing!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful! What a neat thing to see. I love your blog more everytime you post :)

Irene Latham said...

This belongs on a poster I have in my laundry room... all these hearts in nature. You are such a poet, Kirie... you pay such good attention to the world. Thanks you.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.