Yea! My first meme. It’s part of the apron miniswap on What's Cookin'
1. What is your first food memory? Sweet things—thick, o-shaped gummy candy; bubblegum pink buttercream frosting on a birthday cake; blue “Mr. Freeze” frozen pops (those kind in the plastic sleeve). When I was a little older, maybe 11 or so, I remember my mom making a lot of whole wheat bread and my dad making chicken soup. I know they actually did cook good food for me. I wonder what my kids will remember us cooking!
2. What was your favorite dish/food as a child? I loved Thanksgiving stuffing.
3. Name one of your mini's favorite foods: I asked Ada, and she said the following: “salmon cakes,” sushi, avocado. If you push her, she will also confess to loving frosted cookies and icecream with sprinkles.
4. What was your mini's first solid food? Did they love it or hate it? Ada ate lots of great things in Korea with her foster family, before she came home to us when she was 7 months old. One things we fed her right away was sweet potatoes. She loved them.
5. What was something you were excited to make for your mini for the first time? I loved cooking anything for her. I vividly remember making her steamed apples when she was 8 months old. When she got bigger, we were excited about letting her try shellfish.
6. What is your favorite food memory? Cooking with my family. I love planning the menus for holidays with my husband, and I even like the “add-ons” my dad makes at the last minute.
7. Your mini's birthday party : All out theme with perfect kid food ala Martha? or Quiet family home party with scrumptious cupcakes? Something in-between? Ada responded that she likes just a few friends and her family. She loves nice food, so a-la-Martha would be perfect, but on a small scale.
8. Name one thing you absolutely love to make and eat when you are feeling like a kid again: peanut butter and bananas.
9. Name something you ate as a kid that you now look back on and wonder "what were my childhood taste buds thinking??": I guess I wonder why I *didn't* like certain things--like spice and flavor. I hate anything hot, even mustard, and I missed out entirely on kimchi, even though my family ate from time to time.
♦DiggIt! ♦Add to del.icio.us ♦Add to Technorati Faves